Last Modified: 18th August 2016
How We Collect and Use Information
We collect personal information from our Service users and website visitors in order to provide you with a personalized, useful and efficient experience. The categories of information we collect can include:
Information that you provide to us. We collect information that you provide to us when you set up an account with us, use our Services, or communicate with us. For example, we may request your personal information (e.g., name, postal address, email address, telephone number, credit/debit card number, security code, time zone) or your applicable business information when you register for an account or purchase our Service. We may also collect any communications that you exchange with us, as well as any information you provide if you take part in any interactive features of the Service (e.g., promotions, surveys, etc.).
Information we receive from messaging and/or social networking apps or sites. When you interact with our site through various third-party websites or services, we may receive information from the app or social network including your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the app or social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the third-party website or service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
Information collected through technology. We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use our Service. When you visit or use the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our visitors. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time, as we believe that there is no consistent industry standard for how to respond to Do Not Track browser settings.
When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
Information third-parties collect. When you visit or use the Service, third parties may obtain information about you or your computer or device. These third parties may include:
- Service Providers. We may use service providers to help us with the Service or any other lawful activity may do, including the other activities we describe under this Policy. This means service providers may collect, process, and store any of the information that we may collect under the Policy, and information collected in connection with the Service may be collected directly by our service providers.
- Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising. We may permit third party ad networks, social media companies, and other third party services to collect information about you, your computer or device when you visit or use the Service. This information may be collected automatically, including through cookies, social media plug-ins, and other technologies. The information collected, and manner in which it is collected, may include the information and methods described in the “Information We Collect, and How We Collect It” Section above, under the “Information That Is Automatically Collected (Cookies and Other Technologies)” heading. These third parties may collect information about your use of the Service over time, and they may combine it with other information that they possess or obtain about you, such as about your use of other websites and services. These third parties may use this information for our or for third party purposes, including commercial purposes such as tailoring advertising to you on the Service or in other locations like third party websites and services. For information about choices that you may have about this information collection and use, see the “Your Choices” Section below.
- We may also use your personal information to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, purchase confirmation, changes or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Similarly, if you request information from us through an online contact form or if you email us, we collect the information you provide (e.g., name, telephone number, email address) so that we can respond to you. For more information about your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
- How We Share Personal Information
- We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information.”
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers or business partners who help us deliver or improve our service, for example, providers who help us process payments, send postal mail, provide back-office services, or measure site traffic. These providers will be given access to your personal information as is reasonably necessary to perform their function under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may aggregate, or strip information of personally identifying characteristics, and then share that aggregated or anonymized information with third parties.
- We may share or disclose your personal information if we determine, in our sole discretion, that we are required to do so under applicable law or regulatory requirements, or if we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with preventing fraud or illegal activity, and/or to enforce our Terms of Service.
- Personal Information and Customer Data
- Customers may upload or otherwise provide to us personal information. Personal information is owned and controlled by our users, and any personal information that we maintain or process we consider to be strictly confidential. We collect and process personal information solely on behalf of our users, and in accordance with our agreements with the users. We do not use or disclose personal information except as authorized and required by our users and provided for in our agreements with our users.
- For purposes of clarity, our obligations with respect to Customer Data are as set forth in our Terms of Service.
- Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- Email Communications. From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our website, products or services, notices about our organization, or information about products/services we offer (or promotional offers from third parties) that we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided at the bottom of the email communication. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain Services-related email communications (e.g., account verification, confirmations of transactions, technical or legal notices).
- Modifying Account Information. If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to modify certain information in your account (e.g., your contact information) through “profile,” “account,” “settings,” or “preferences” options provided on the website or service. If you have any questions about modifying or updating any information in your account, please contact us at the email or postal address provided below. Please note that Nuage does not own or control the personal information uploaded to our Service by our Customers, and cannot modify or delete personal information except at the request of our Customer, or as permitted by our Terms of Service.
- Data Protection and Security
- Keeping information safe: Nuage cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
- Do Not Track Preferences
- While we want to honor your privacy as described in this Policy, unfortunately the Service does not monitor for or behave differently if your computer or browser transmits a “do not track” or similar message to us or the Service.
- Children’s Privacy
- Nuage’s website and services are intended for use strictly by adults. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that any personal information has been collected from a child under 18, we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have collected information from a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected].
71 Stevenson St #400, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States of America